Staying positive and helping to keep my team and customers positive during this pandemic we are experiencing is not always an easy task. I am an extrovert, and this is painful! We, like many of our customers have solutions in today’s technology to handle this. We also have some old school tools in our belt, a book! Luckily, our whole team has taken the StrengthsFinder 2.0 quiz in the past. One of my top 5 strengths is POSITIVITY. So, what better way to use that strength than to assist those around me and make their day a little brighter? Helping customers and staff stay connected, be happy and stay healthy.
Have you heard of the StrengthsFinder 2.0 quiz? It is a series of questions that will eventually lead you to your top 5 strengths. Not only that, but it also tells you how to utilize your strengths and how to work with others that have different strengths. This is where my team shines. Our entire team, with the assistance of Linda Laitala of Raven Group, took this assessment and evaluated our results. It is a great way to build a strong team and utilize each other’s strengths to accomplish tasks.
Once you understand people’s strengths, you can realign the tasks at hand to the one who holds a particular strength to get things done. For instance, if you are having issues with your services, Katrina (with her empathy strength) is the first to answer incoming calls and the one to really listen to you and what issues are affecting your business services. If you want to make sure someone digs into the details of a project, or a marketing event goes off without a hitch, that would be Lisa and her core strength of responsibility. Get the picture?
What you may not know is that there are strengths in Contact Center communication tools that can utilize Artificial Intelligence (AI) to assist you in communicating with your customers.
Imagine these scenarios:
- You are a school or government office that needs to get information out to a lot of people at once. Think storms, power outages, etc. – any kind of alerts. You can blast a single automated call or text message to a lot of people in only a few minutes.
- A customer is on your website chat and asks about a $500 refund they wish to have for faulty product.
- An auto-reply chat comes back reading “let me check with my supervisor”
- Supervisor gets a message to which your supervisor can auto-reply “approved”, “declined” or “call”
- You can chat back with the customer with an answer or ask for the best number to call and discuss.
- You are a retail establishment that offers online pick-up.
- Your customer places their order and gets their confirmation.
- When they get to the store, they call a number which is answered by an automated attendant that guides them through the pick-up process by confirming their order number and their assigned parking bay number.
- Retail employee brings their order right to their car.
- You are a service company who schedules regular maintenance and repairs for your customers.
- Your business uses AI to send automated messages to your customers that it’s time to schedule their equipment, car, HVAC etc. maintenance. Customer responds to an automated system to pick the date/time that works for them.
- You use AI to automate a call to customer that the tech is on the way.
- Immediately after the service call is complete, your customer gets an automated call or email with a customer satisfaction survey: on a scale of 1 – 5, how satisfied were you? Here’s the cool part – if they press a 5, then a follow up text is sent thanking them for being a valuable customer, with a promo code to use towards their next service. However, if they press a 3 or less, it is immediately transferred to a customer service rep or a manager who can handle their concerns. BOOM you avoid a bad google review, bad word of mouth “anti-advertising”, and can turn a potentially bad experience into a satisfied customer.
Artificial Intelligence and Contact Center applications are changing the way we do business! Some companies never missed a beat when remote working went mainstream with their technology and it’s capabilities. Is your business prepared? We can help!
Due to present circumstances, our May Lunch Gig will be held via webinar. Join us for our first Virtual Webinar with our speaker being Tom from Inference. Normally lunch is on us for these events, but since we can’t meet in person, we have a special offer for you. The first 20 people to register and attend, we will provide you with a gift card to the House of Pizza for your next lunch as our way to say thanks for attending, and to support some of our local businesses.
Leave a comment